Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Welcome to Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu

Room 12 is taking part in Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu. This is where we interact with a buddy class from another school in New Zealand. We are lucky enough to have been given a buddy class from Kaniere School in Hokitika.

We enjoy enjoy taking part in our Cybersmart lessons with Mrs Cameron and have been learning all about how to post to our learning blogs. We can't wait to interact with our new buddies and share our learning on our blogs. Although we are very far away from each other in physical distance we look forward to meeting you Ruma Tui!

Have a look at how far we would have to travel to visit Ruma Tui at Kaniere School...... Just a little bit too far for a school trip!


8 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Leon my school is Kaniere School. Wow that is amazing how long it takes to drive there and to fly there. We have a bike track, a chicken coop and a huge field. Go and check my blog out https://kaniereleonr.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leon,
      Thank you for your comment on our post. We also have a huge field and a bike track that goes around the outside. Our school is in Papakura city so we do not have any school animals. How many chickens do you have?

      Room 12

      Delete
  2. Hi Room 12 my name is Taylor from Kaniere School. I love what you have write if I imagined sailing that far and on the road I would not do that it would feel so weird. Have you ever been that far before? Have you thought about travelling that far? It made me think of going to Wellington in a plane. Do you want to see my blog it is http://kanieretaylorg.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor,
      Thank you for your comment. None of us have been to the South Island before. We can't even imagine travelling for 15 hours without any breaks.

      Room 12

      Delete
  3. That is a very long way just to get to Kaniere School!
    We would love for you to visit. What is your favourite thing to do at Papakura school? if you want to see my blog come to my school blog https://kanierelouisp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there room 12 my name is jasper i am 8 years old my at kaniere school i love the thing you have done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Oscar I am from Kaniere School. How did you know it would take that long, 15 hours 50 minutes to drive and 2 hours and 45 minutes to fly? I look forward to working with your class and blooging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Isaiah. I am from Kaniere school. It sure is a long way! I think it would be an awesome train ride. Would you rather take the train or fly?

    ReplyDelete